Blog: 2018 Automobile Deduction AmountsMarch 9th, 2018
The income tax deduction limits and expense benefit rates for 2018 are as follows:
- 55 cents/km for the first 5,000 km and 49 cents/km for each kilometer over 5,000 for tax-exempt allowances paid to the employee (one cent ($0.01) higher than for 2017);
- 26 cents/km (23 cents/km for the automobile leasing and retail businesses) taxable benefit for the operating expense costs reimbursed to an employee (one cent ($0.01) higher than for 2017);
- $30,000 (plus GST-QST) is the capital cost limit for passenger vehicles (same as in 2017);
- $300 is the monthly interest deduction limit on a loan used to buy an automobile (same as in 2017);
- $800 (plus GST-QST) per month is the deduction limit on an automobile leasing costs (same as in 2017).
About the Author :
Daniel A. Brisebois, LL.B., D.D.N, M.Fisc., is a Tax Specialist at Crowe BGK
Connect with him: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to the Crowe BGK Newsletter(s):
Our Clients Speak
"...Through their quality professional services, Crowe BGK helped us grow our company from 30 to 200 employees during that same period, while maintaining cordial relationships with all stakeholders."Daniel Laporte President, Laporte Consultants Inc.