Services: Indirect Tax
The Indirect tax legislations, both within Canada and outside Canada, are rapidly evolving. Businesses are increasingly challenged by the tax authorities to keep pace with the laws and the array of compliance and reporting requirements.
The Canadian sales taxes are based on transactions. Thus, the liability associated with sales tax arises with the number and importance of transactions made by a business, regardless of its profitability.
In this context, being counseled by specialists is necessary and profitable. Crowe BGK’s team of Indirect tax specialists and our global network of firms can help you manage costs and risks related to the Indirect taxes internationally by providing efficient advisory and compliance assistance worldwide.
We work with you to understand your business and, consequently, we find the solutions that are optimal for your needs.
In Canada, « indirect taxes » consist of the federal and provincial sales tax (GST/HST, QST and the PST
in British-Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba), but also of various other taxes such as the excise
taxes, the transfer taxes, custom duties, etc.
What can we do for you?
Indirect tax (GST/HST, QST, PST, US SUT and VAT) compliance
- Preparation and submission of indirect tax returns
- Review of compliance data, quality checks and reconciliations
- Assistance with Government authorityaudits
- Co-ordination of indirect tax compliance
Indirect tax advisory
- General review of the indirect tax treatment
- Testing of billing system and procedures
- Correspondence with tax authorities (audit management, objections, voluntary disclosures, ruling requests, collection measures negotiation, etc.)
- Indirect tax trainings tailored to your business needs
- Optimization of inter-company transactions
- Due diligence reviews and assistance with post-merger integration
- Advice on other indirect taxes: Excise tax, Transfer tax, Insurance Premium tax, etc.
Subscribe to the Crowe BGK Newsletter(s):
Our Clients Speak
"...Through their quality professional services, Crowe BGK helped us grow our company from 30 to 200 employees during that same period, while maintaining cordial relationships with all stakeholders."Daniel Laporte President, Laporte Consultants Inc.